May 16, 2007 - Clayfest Steering Committee meeting
In attendance : Susan Roden, Susan Fishel, Paula MacCullen, Don Clarke, Mary Hindman, Merry Newcomer, Michael Fromme, Rhoda Fleischman, Robin Russell, Susie Young, Linna Muschlitz, Jerry & Shirley Huft, Faith Rahill, Karen Washburn, Avi Harriman, Frank Gosar, Linda Williams, Tracie Manso
Paula began the meeting by announcing the new committee chairs :
Chair UpDates :
^Mary H - Building - ok
^Merry N - Cash - ok
^Rhoda F - Demo - ok
^Frank G - Graphics - Brought a cd of last years award winners and show photos for Publicity Chairs
* Deadline for postcard photos is June 1, for the postcard is early August. First choice is to mail him a cd with high-res photos, or drop at Club Mud. Email is slow, as he has dial-up service.
^Elise C - Kids Clay - has been meeting w/ Ken S, all is ok.
* Would like aprons for workshift persons during the show. Michael F will ask Jeanne Henry if OPA could donate 4. Or Linna has 2 new red aprons
^Susie Y - Publicity - She & Elaine met w/ Dan S.
* Elaine met w/ Jerry Williams: ¼ page ad is $100 for Sep/Oct issue, deadline is June or July. * Also contacted DAC (Downtown Athletic Club) for an ad in their newsletter.
^Karen W - Registrar - reviewed Move-In Packet - Karen did a great job.
* ERROR in CLAYFEST APPLICATION : Gallery-Only application deadline is August 15, not September 15
* Please note: If your booth set-up is not sturdy, you will not be compensated for broken work!
* Don C gave Karen many tips on the computer/copy aspects of the move-in packet
* Move-In Packet will be posted on the Clayfest web site. A postcard or an email (to all those who checked to receive Clayfest information electronically), to notify when the move-in packet is available. Postcard recipients can request a paper Move-In Packet, everyone else finds it on-line.
^Faith R - Sales - ok
^Robin R - Sales Tags - ok
^Susan R - Sec’y - ok
^Michael F - Signage - ok
^Alissa - Sponsorship - Is still trying for cash instead of “stuff”.
* Georgie’s, Stash Tea and Skutt are on board. Also: Ceramics Monthly and Pottery Making Illustrated. She is open to any other suggestions.
^Linda W - Security - ok
^Avi H - Set-Up - Making more gallery pedestals is his summer project.
* He’ll put out a word for help, when he’s ready to start.
* Will do more research on pipe&drape. Last year’s company really wants the job.
^Susan F - Treasurer - We got our tax return back: We were able to reassign last year’s (06) prepaid taxes to 07, since our income was such that we paid no tax.
^Linna - Clay-In-Ed - If she wants to buy anything for the Clayfest booth, it hast to come from her Local Clay budget.
^Lynne L - Credit/Debit - Paula talked to Rosa & Lynne at Showcase.
* Rosa says workshifts interrupt her Committee Work.
^Faith R - Sales - Said she can do a Sales Workshift during a slower time during the show, i.e. the last shift each day
^Rhoda F - Demo - Workshifts which change every 3 hours can be hard to coordinate with Committee work during the show, changing every 2 hours.
* Back Door Security could work for her, though.
^Don C - Webmaster - All ok
^Tracie M - Workshifts - Karen will give the Show Artist list to Tracie
* Tracie made notes of Committee Chairs requests for workshifts that coordinate with their committee work during time the show is open.
NEXT MEETING : Tuesday, September 25 -- Last meeting before the show.
* Will set date for the Wrap-Up meeting at September meeting.
BOOTH SELECTION - Karen read the rules of booth selection order.
* Grace assisted Karen in the selection of names.
* Avi kept the names on a floor map of the show room, after each booth was selected.
* Booth persons not at the meeting, could either let the committee draw a booth number at random, or send a proxy to select for them.
* This show roster will come out in the Move-In Packet